You need permission to perform this action error
If you get the File Access Denied error message, you can change your permissions without affecting your property rights by doing the following
- Find a file or folder that you do not have access to, right-click on it and select Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window opens, click the Security tab. Select the list of available users and groups and click Edit.
- Make sure the account you want to change privilege sets for is in the list. If not, proceed to the next step. If the account is available, go to step 7.
- Click on the Add button.
- The Select users or groups window appears. If you know the exact name of the user or group, just enter it in the field Names of objects to select and click the Check Names button and OK.
If you don’t know the exact name, click the Advanced button.
- Click Search Now. You should now see a list of all the users and groups available on your PC. Select the desired group or user in the Search Results box and click OK to save your changes.Click the OK button again. The desired account is now added to the list and you can change its security rights.
- Under Group or Username, select the account you want to use. Now select Full Control in the Allow column at the bottom of the Permissions section. Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
After full control is granted to the selected user or group, you should be able to access the problematic file or folder without any problems.
Epic guide! No more problems with the file explorer. Restore them all with this comprehensive guide!
Run a system check for errors
Press Start Scan to find problems with Windows.
Press Repair Everything to fix problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors that cause security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process replaces the damaged files with new files and Windows components.
If you are having problems with the File Access Denied error message, you may be able to resolve the issue using the command line.
The previous solutions were effective, but they require some steps if you want to change the ownership of a file or folder.
With the command prompt, on the other hand, you can change permissions and ownership in minutes with just two commands. To solve this problem from the command line, just do the following
- Press Windows key + X to open the Win + X menu and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list. If the command line is not available, PowerShell (Admin) can be used instead.
- When the command line opens, type /f /r /d y and press Enter. By running this command, you take ownership of the selected folder or file.
- Now type icacls /grant administrators:F /T and hit enter to run it. You then give the Administrators group full control over the directory. If you want to give full control to another user or group, you must enter their name.
Once these two commands are executed, you have full ownership and control of the selected user or group. For this command to work, you must replace it with the exact location of the file or folder that is causing the File Access Denied error message.
As you can see, changing security ownership and permissions from the command line is much faster and can be done in seconds. However, this is an advanced solution and you must enter the commands correctly to use it.
If you have problems accessing the command line as an administrator, we recommend that you read this manual carefully.
Another reason for this problem could be your antivirus software. To resolve this issue, users recommend disabling your antivirus program and see if that helps. If not, you may need to uninstall your antivirus program and see if that fixes the problem.
For Norton users, we have a special guide on how to remove it completely from your PC. There is a similar guide for McAffe users.
If you are using an antivirus solution and want to remove it completely from your PC, check out this great list of the best uninstallers you can use right now.
If removing the antivirus solves the problem, consider switching to another antivirus. There are many good antivirus tools on the market, but if you’re looking for an antivirus that won’t affect your system, we recommend Bitdefender.
Do you want to replace your antivirus program with a better one? Here’s a list of our top picks.
That’s it for now, you’ve learned how to get full file resolution in Windows 10.
Either way, stay tuned for more Windows-related tips and tricks, and share your thoughts with us by using the comment box below to talk to us and our readers.
ALL LECTURES :
Is there another problem?
Repair them with this tool:
- Download this PC recovery tool excellent review from TrustPilot.com (can be downloaded from this page).
- Click on the Start Scan button to scan for Windows issues that may be causing the PC problems.
- Click Restore All to fix patented technology problems (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro was downloaded by 0 readers this month.
you need permission from everyone to perform this actionyou need permission to perform this action shared folderyou don’t have permission to perform this action androidyou need permission to delete this folderyou need permission to perform this action win 7you need permission to perform this action system32 windows 10,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,you need permission to perform this action win 7,you need permission to perform this action system32 windows 10,you require permission from administrators to make changes to this folder windows 10,you need permission to perform this action windows 10 reddit,you need permission from everyone to perform this action,you need permission to perform this action shared folder,you don’t have permission to perform this action android,you need permission to delete this folder