20 minutes agoAnalysis
Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.2 was released on the 29th. Coming out in March on PC, consoles and Google Stadia. The list of changes is impressive, including the increased frame rate. Digital Foundry has seen how much more comfortable the game has become on previous generation consoles, and we’ve pulled out the highlights in this video.
- Some elements, such as. B. Signs or intersections in traffic, load with a delay on the PS4 Pro. On the Xbox One X, this is normal. Tom Morgan notes that textures and geometry are still loading on Sony’s console due to a streaming latency issue. However, they probably won’t have time to load if the dynamics of the game are too large – like for example. B. if you drive fast.
- There are places on the PS4 Pro where lighting is completely absent, not only on the street, but also indoors.
- The geometry issues can be found elsewhere on the PS4 Pro. The Xbox One X has more small details, like parts of a police barrier, and larger ones, like people sitting on chairs in the background. At the same time, as Morgan notes, there have been no problems loading these items since patch 1.1.
- There’s still loading on the PS4 Pro, but only if you give it time. If you act quickly, the result will be predictable. The same goes for the PS4 with the Xbox One.
- Before patch 1.2, the PS4 Pro’s FPS dropped in places with lots of assets and during fast movements, but now it’s improved. The patch probably increases FPS precisely because timely loading of assets is now less of a priority.
- Also, before the patch, low-poly cars appeared in front of the player – now they’re gone. But if you’re moving quickly through a crowded area, passersby just get loaded with potatoes instead of faces.
- The same PS4 Pro has the best results in terms of FPS. During testing, Morgan went to one of the most difficult places for consoles of the last generation: the market. Previously, the PS4 Pro rarely reached 30fps, now it’s the opposite: the frame rate barely drops at all. And while CDPR could only do this at the expense of stream speed, Morgan concluded that even without some elements, it’s much more fun to play at a constant 30 FPS.
- The Xbox One X has far fewer streaming issues, but more FPS issues. When following a firefight, the console rarely broadcasts more than 30 frames per second. Vertical synchronization doesn’t help either.
- The FPS are also slightly higher on the market, in the range of 2-5 fps. This does not always help, as you can see in the screenshot below. FPS still drops to zero in some places. However, on the Xbox One X, unlike the PS4 Pro, the game did not crash after the patch.
- On PS4, the game produces 2-4 frames per second more than before the patch, but not everywhere: On the market, the FPS stays at the same level (20-30 fps), and during the firefight it drops even lower. Morgan notes that aiming is still difficult and, like on the Pro, the game crashed once.
- On the Xbox One, the improvements are so subtle that it’s hard to see them. The frame rate still drops to 17-18 frames per second, making Cyberpunk 2077 the hardest game to play on the Xbox One.
In 1997, after the success of the game, a cartoon series Pokémon aired …
Fans of the Zelda series are eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Breath of …
As the various rumors and speculations of the past few months have shown, …
Following the announcement of Pokémon Legends: Arceus at the February Pokémon presentation, which will take place in …
cyberpunk 2077 reddit,cyberpunk 2077 ps4 pro patch,cyberpunk 2077 patch notes,cyberpunk 2077 on ps4 graphics,cyberpunk 2077 twitter,cyberpunk 2077 version comparison,Privacy settings,How Search works,14:22Reddit is ROASTING Cyberpunk 2077! DANK MEMES!8-Bit EricYouTube – Dec 15, 2020,14:22,Reddit is ROASTING Cyberpunk 2077! DANK MEMES!,8-Bit EricYouTube – Dec 15, 2020,8-Bit Eric,YouTube – Dec 15, 2020,9:11Reddit’s most upvoted Cyberpunk 2077 videos of All Time!(Funny …thekendaliaYouTube – Dec 31, 2020,9:11,Reddit’s most upvoted Cyberpunk 2077 videos of All Time!(Funny …,thekendaliaYouTube – Dec 31, 2020,thekendalia,YouTube – Dec 31, 2020,11:26AM I IN CYBERPUNK 2077?! | Esfand Reddit RecapEsfandYouTube – Oct 3, 2020,11:26,AM I IN CYBERPUNK 2077?! | Esfand Reddit Recap,EsfandYouTube – Oct 3, 2020,Esfand,YouTube – Oct 3, 2020,See more,cyberpunk patch,cyberpunk 2077 ps4 patches