How to get Now Playing on any Android Phone (Guide)
Some time ago, Google introduced the playback feature on the Pixel 2. And it’s been available on Pixel devices ever since. This is a great feature that everyone wants to have on their pixel-free phone. And you can even get it, but with the Shazam app, but it doesn’t really work. A developer recently ported the Now Playing feature to an app called Ambient Music Mod. Here’s how to play on Android phones now.
The Google Pixel’s “Now Playing” feature detects the music playing in your area. The name of the song currently being played back is displayed along with the artist name. Useful in many situations, especially for fun. When it first hit the market, everyone wanted to try it. But since it’s only for Pixel phones, not many users can use it.
This feature is also available on some AOSP-based custom ROMs thanks to developers. But what if you don’t want to install a custom ROM. Yes, you can still use the Play Now feature with Ambient Music mode. It’s a hybrid Xposed and Magisk module that you can use on your phone to take advantage of the Now Playing feature. Many thanks to the developer Kieron Quinn for the mod.
Besides Now Playing, the module has a number of other functions. For example, you don’t need an internet connection to use it. It also does not send any data to Google’s servers for recognition. The ambient music module also displays the current playback history, where you can find songs it has already recognized. Let’s take a look at the full list of features.
Background music functions
- Full support for ambient music, including downloading the latest Google databases.
- Detects music when in standby or operating mode (there are exceptions, see FAQ section for details).
- Built-in playback history support and support for third-party history applications.
- Ability to display the currently playing song on the lock screen using the accessibility overlay service.
- Manual detection if needed in the Ambient Music Mod application.
- Settings for gain control, detection trigger frequency, whether to run on small processor cores, and what to do when a song detection message sounds.
- Display all traces detected in the locally loaded database with the Trace List option.
Download Ambient Music Mod
If you want to try Playback Now on your Android phones with additional features too, follow this guide. But to get it on your phone, you need to download the Ambient Music Mod app. Fortunately, this is a free and open-source mod that you can download to enjoy Now Playing on Android. You can use this link to download the mod.
As you know, this is a hybrid module, so you need to have both Xposed and Magisk installed on your phone. Follow the instructions below to complete the installation.
- Magisk and Xposed Framework must be installed on your phone.
- A device with a Snapdragon processor and support for Sound Trigger 2.1 or higher (the app will tell you if it is compatible).
- Charge your phone to at least 60%.
- Download APK Ambient Music Mod.
- Back up your phone
Music Setup Mod
- Install Ambient Music mod app on your phone with the downloaded apk.
- Open the program and it will tell you if your device is compatible and if all the required elements are installed or not.
- Give root privileges if the application requires root privileges.
- If your device is compatible with Magisk and you have Xposed installed, click the Build Install button.
- It will create the installation program. Then open the Magisk application and install the installation module.
- Now open the Xposed application on your phone and search for Ambient Music Mod.
- Let the module continue.
- Then restart your device and enjoy Now Playing.
If you know how to root and use modules on your phone, this will be a spirited ride for you. You can start using Ambient Music Mod without any problem. However, users who are not yet familiar with the module should know exactly what steps to take to make it work.
If you have a rooted phone, then you should try this mod. This is one of the most anticipated features that now comes as a module for Android users. And since it is still in its infancy, there may still be problems. But you can report bugs to the developers, then you can expect them to be fixed in future updates.
So here is a guide on how to get Ambient Music Mod on Android phones. If you use Ambient Music Mod, tell us about your experience. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section.
Check it out:
frequently asked questions
How can I play on my Android phone?
How do I turn on the game now?
How not to play…
How does my phone know what song is playing?
Technology is a song…
Feedback,now playing feature on any androidnow playing androidnow playing apppixel ambient services on any phonenow playing android 11google now playing,People also search for,now playing feature on any android,now playing android,now playing app,pixel ambient services on any phone,now playing android 11,google now playing,samsung s20 now playing,now playing music