I charted Skyrim’s lunar calendar
Not sure if this is accepted on
Then post it here. I wanted to share a project I’ve been working on. Enjoy the interspersed legend.
I made a Masser & Secunda lunar calendar and discovered some interesting mechanisms and patterns. If you’re interested in a visual explanation, here’s
The youtube video I made for this post.
Here is a link to the calendar. Honestly, I’m bad at browsing, so ….. I was amazed that I could do so many things! But if someone wants to use/improve/copy it for their own use, let them.
A few remarks
- Massage changes phase every 3 nights. A second one is looking, but I’ll explain soon enough.
- Masser’s lunar apogee occurs at midnight every 24 hours. Always. (aka the highest point in the sky).
- The lunar tipping point of the seconds occurs every 20 hours. This means that one night the peak is at 12 o’clock and the next at 8 o’clock, 4 o’clock, 12 o’clock, 8 o’clock, 4 o’clock and so on. After a Google search, it’s kind of familiar, but that’s where it gets interesting.
- Either way, Secunda has 5 possible positions relative to Masser. For example, the position where Masser & Secunda line up occurs every 5 nights.
- Masser’s phase changes when he’s below the horizon.
- Secunda’s phase should theoretically change with Masser, but in Oblivion and Skyrim Secunda can sometimes be above the horizon while Masser is below, so she can’t just change before our eyes. This partially explains why Masser and Secunda can have different phases on some nights – Secunda can miss a phase on the third night of Masser if she is in the last 2/5 clockwise position. I called it the third night paradox.
- However, the second one has a phase shift circuit. He changes phases every 4 nights, then 2 nights, then 4, then 3, then 2, then repeats this pattern. 4-2-4-3-2. For 15 nights, Masser: 3-3-3; Second: 4-2-4-3-2.
- All these jumbled phase combinations create a seemingly unpredictable composition. But the overall picture repeats itself – every 120 days, to be exact. So, 15 Evening Star 4E201, the full moon will be the same as the beginning of the game 17 Last Seed 4E201. This recap is marked in bright red on the calendar linked above.
- Now you can ask: What are the stages of the Khajiit fur products game? Suffice it to say that of the 16 forms of the Three Booksellers (not counting Mane), there are only 8 of these phases. They would only produce: Sutkhay, Sutkhay-rakht, Kathay, Kathay-rakht, Senche, Senche-rakht, Dagi, Dagi-rakht.
A funny story
- Both Oblivion and Skirim have the same moon mechanisms.
- The strange mechanism in Morrowind, where Secunda seems to slow down and catch Masser from a different angle, is most similar to Oblivion’s Paradise.
- The dagger had no visible mane above the ground. But if two full moons are near, for lycanthropes.
- Despite this popular image, the arena has a large white moon roaming the sky, and the phase and position of the moonrise changes depending on the day (it works a bit like the constellations in Skyrim).
- ESO is my favorite because it uses an irl clock. With a little help from Dave @ UESP, I learned that each ESO game day was exactly 20955 seconds long and that the full lunar cycle was 30 days long. Dividing by 8 (per phase), we see that each phase requires ~3.75 days of ingramming. That’s 21,825 hours of work.
This project is heavily inspired by u/kingjoe64, who is a legend in his old moon exploration roles.
Has anyone found a mechanism like that that goes much further than that? I really have to look at the moons twice every time I play TES.
Source: Original link
- From ancient scrolls to Skyrim
I’m going to speculate here about the state of Tamriel after the events of TESV (not necessarily TESVI, but they are intrinsically linked). I’ll start with Skyrim. The biggest problem here is the multiple civil war end quests. I have two theories about what’s going on here. 1) The Empire wins. There are more in the Empire…
- (Pitch) importing Skyrim data into Elder Scrolls 6
I’ve been thinking about it, and that’s what I personally want for the new game Old Scrolls: Import your Skyrim character data. Specifically, I want this new game to have an (optional) ability to transfer all your data, items and options and integrate your Skyrim character into this new game. It sounds like…
- A list of things that have happened since The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Published:
A new Half-Life game was announced and Final Fantasy VII Remake was released. Nintendo Wii U 4 Zelda games released, not counting remakes/remasters (Skyward Sword, A Link Between Worlds, Triforce Heroes, Breath of the Wild). 18 MCUs released Gangnam Style by Psy Grand Theft Auto 5 Red…
Send me a Skyrim lunar calendar card for The Elder Scrolls.
Top 10 most anticipated video games of 2020
2020 will satisfy both classic and modern players. To be on the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there must be a compelling reason for it to be released that year. Upcoming games that are only announced and do not have a major release date are therefore not eligible.
Top 15 NEW GAMES FOR 2020 [FIRST HALF]
By 2020, there will be a ton of… in the world of video games. Here are fifteen games to look forward to in the first half of 2020.
frequently asked questions
What are the dates of the full moons in 2020?
News Nation 2020/02/03
How can I see the lunar calendar?
Space. How do you make the earth…
What day is it on the lunar calendar?
The days of today
lunar calendar 2020lunar calendar todaynew moon december 2020new moon 2020full moon calendar 2020lunar calendar 2021,People also search for,Feedback,See more,lunar calendar today,new moon december 2020,new moon 2020,full moon calendar 2020,lunar calendar 2021,moon today live,when is the next new moon